top of page


Crofton School SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)

Information Report  - Overview


Crofton School is an over-subscribed and successful, 11-16 mixed comprehensive school, with a reputation for high quality education. The school is situated in a pleasant village, a short distance from the sea, yet within easy reach of the city centres of both Portsmouth and Southampton. The school enjoys enthusiastic staff, governor and parental involvement and has an active commitment to staff development.

Crofton is a mainstream secondary school with a resource provision for students on the ASD spectrum; this provision is called The Croft. The Croft is for high functioning Autistic students who are able to access mainstream lessons with some support from a Learning Support Assistant. Admission to The Croft is solely through Hampshire County Council.


Crofton is an inclusive school. We cater for students in the main school who have physical and learning disabilities. The school SEND policy can be found here.

How accessible is the school both indoors and outdoors?

  • The school site has wheelchair access to all ground floor areas

  • There is an accessible toilet

  • The school has disabled parking bays



Crofton has a SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator), Mr Paul Williams, who can be contacted at Crofton School on 01329 664251.

There is a large team of LSA’s (Learning Support Assistants) who support students in the classroom.

The Maths faculty is also supported by SPSAs (Student Progress Support Assistants) who support progress within the classroom.

Students are seen twice daily by their tutor. Tutors are supported by a Head of Year and a member of SLT (Senior Leadership Team).

The school has a designated DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead) and a strong Care, Support and Guidance team including a Parent Support Worker, ELSAs (Emotional Literacy Support Assistants), a Student Welfare Assistant, a trained school nurse, an Attendance Officer and Inclusion mentors.

We have a number of staff who are CAL (Communication and Language) trained.

We liaise with EMTAS (Ethnic Minority Traveller Achievement Service) who assist us in supporting our families with English as an additional language.

Crofton has a ‘time out’ room for students to access as required.

If you have any questions or would like further assistance, please contact Mr P Williams, Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator at or call 01329 664251

bottom of page