PLEASE IGNORE THIS MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE IMMUNISATION TEAM
We have been given the green light from NHS England to start vaccinating in schools for the pupils who have missed their vaccinations following lockdown. The school aged Immunisation Team have arranged with your child’s school to run clinic sessions and we would like to invite your child to attend.
Please could you email our team on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book your child an appointment.
In the email can you put your child’s name, date of birth and the school they attend and also if you have completed a consent form. We will email you back with a date and a 15 minute time-slot. Also there will be information about where the session will be taking place in school. I am sure you will understand with the extra measures we are required to put into place ,we will not be able to be very flexible with the availability of appointments and we will not be able to administer the vaccine to a student if they arrive without a pre-booked appointment slot.
Please can you read through the following before emailing the team for an appointment, if you answer yes to any of the questions, apologies but you will not be able to book an appointment.
- If your child or anyone in your household has had the following symptoms in the past 14 day, dry persistent cough, temperature, loss of smell and taste.
-Whether anyone in the household has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid19 in the past 14 days.
After booking an appointment, if your child becomes unwell with Covid-19 symptoms they must not attend.
On the day of your appointment:
- Please ask your child to wear a short sleeved top.
- If driving please stay in your car until your appointment time, if walking please wait outside school until your appointment time.
- On arrival one of the Immunisation Team will ask you some questions, including questions about Covid-19.
-Your child will then be shown into the room and given their vaccination by a nurse wearing protective equipment. Social distancing will be followed by the team.
- Unfortunately we will be unable to offer extra time for anxious children for their own safety and the safety of our staff. If your child is unable to have their vaccination they will be able to have it at a later date when we are back in schools.
-You will then need to leave the school premises as soon as the vaccine has been given.
If you have any queries regarding the vaccine please include contact details in your email for one of our immunisation nurses to contact you.
Please complete the consent form linked below and bring to the appointment.
South East Immunisation Team
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust