Updated: May 7, 2020
This letter is to update you on key information regarding support from Eastleigh College for your Year 11 pupils, Quality in Careers Standard, College open event, applications and enrolment, as well as confirming your key contacts.
1. Support for your Year 11 pupils We have developed transition materials for all year 11 pupils and will be updating resources fortnightly. These resources can be used by current or potential applicants to the College. The transition materials introduce the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed for each subject (e.g. Engineering) and for each level (e.g. L2) of qualification. Resources are available on our website here, however colleagues in marketing are also keen to see how we may be able to send these to you in other ways so that we can support you to provide learning opportunities for your year 11 pupils. Please do not hesitate to contact Nicky Tramaseur (Marketing Manager) whose email address is below should you require these resources in other ways. We hope these resources are helpful and we will also happily consider developing additional resources to meet your needs. Please direct any queries you may have about our support for your year 11 pupils to Lou Gittens (Vice Principal (Curriculum)) whose email address is below.
2. Quality in Careers Standard - Achieved Following a 15 month process I am delighted to be able to share that we have recently been awarded the Quality in Careers Standard. We are the 2nd College, and the 1st Technical and Professional College in Hampshire, to achieve this standard. More details are available on the Quality in Careers website which can be found here. Please direct any queries you may have about our careers provision and the Quality in Careers Standard to Darren Coventry (Vice Principal (Commercial and Customer Services)) whose email address is below.
3. Open Event – Monday 8 June Our planned open event on Monday 8 June will now take place online. The event will run from 1630 to 1900 and registration can be made in advance through Eventbrite here. We are looking forward to showcasing the best of our College at this event. Please direct any queries you may have about College open events and School / College liaison to Nicky Tramaseur (Marketing Manager) whose email address is below.
4. Applications and Enrolment Our applications process remains fully operational and interviews will be conducted via phone or Microsoft Teams. Contact details for any enquiries are available on our website here and applications can be made here. As a result of these different ways of working, and changes to GCSEs, we have made adjustments to our application, interview and enrolment process for this year. Our staff will now ask to see year 10 and year 11 reports, mock results and any GCSE or vocational courses already completed to inform decisions about all course and apprenticeship offers. Our Coronavirus FAQ's page, which is updated regularly, covers key information and can be found here. Please direct any queries you may have about applications and enrolment to Darren Coventry (Vice Principal (Commercial and Customer Services)) whose email address is below.
5. Confirming your key contacts for information covered in this email Lou Gittens Vice Principal (Curriculum) firstname.lastname@example.org Darren Coventry Vice Principal (Commercial and Customer Service) email@example.com Nicky Tramaseur Marketing Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Take care and stay safe, Paul Cox Chief Executive and Principal (Designate) Email and Microsoft Teams: email@example.com